Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DE Razor vs. Cartridge Razor?

GeorgieBoy is 100% right. these four points realy make a difference: pressure, angle, stroke and timing. Don't ever rush!

Take a look at this awesome article I found on River Valley Trading about DE Razors... http://www.tailorandbarber.com/blog/...e-safety-razor

Thanks for the article, Jay. I feel like that last point is something all wet shavers love - time to themselves.

Would agree with these tips. As well if you are a visual learner like myself do a youtube search on wet shaving techniques or how to shave with a safety razor etc. TONS of good info out there and no 1 way will work for everyone.
    The above tips are extremely important though.
    1 - Pressure: Think of it like a chefs knife. The sharper the knife the less pressure needed the less chance you will cut yourself. The blades are wicked sharp out of the box (to varying degrees) and can cut regardless of experience but the less pressure less likely you will.
    2 - Angle: No comment needed other than it can vary from razor to razor slightly. Turn off any noise around you and if you can hear it cutting whiskers with no pressure then you are doing it right.
    3 - Strokes: Nuff said :-)
    4 - Time: Cant speak for every one but what has made me enjoy the experience of wet shaving is that it has become a form of meditation for me. Forces you to remain in the moment and pay attention to what for most has become a dull, dreary, boring routine.

Take your time, ask questions and enjoy the experience :-)

As for products to help prevent cuts, use pre-shave oils or lotions. This helps the skin become well moisturized & less likely to be cut or irritated.[/QUOTE]

Great article. I have been using a DE for about 4 years, mainly a Merkur 34c. Will never go back to cheapo cartridges. Recently I purchased an Edwin Jagger DE 89 lbl. Excellent razor, however, I do find that it tends to slip from my hand if it's a little wet. In my arsenal I have an IKON handle. This heavy duty handle has made the Edwin Jagger an even finer tool. Just curious if anyone else in the forum has had any experience with FrankenRazors.
    -PF

Liking this article Luxury Barber has on razor blades.

http://www.luxurybarber.com/blog/dou...-louie-barber/

Double Edge shaving is immortalized in the shaving world. we can come up with other ways to shave DE will be around for ever.

DE Power!

I was a cartridge razor man for a long time, but my friend finally convinced me to go with a safety razor as well as commit to the rest of the traditional wet shaving routine which includes using a real shaving cream that you whip up and apply to your face with a shaving brush. I can't tell you how much of difference has made in terms of the quality of the shave and I think even more importantly the experience of the shave. I used to hate shaving, but now I really enjoy it! With a safety razor and a little bit of practice, you will soon get that baby bottom smooth shave you can't get with a cartridge razor, you'll spend a whole of a lot less money, and you will enjoy your shaving experience on a daily basis. Good luck!

Right now I am using de razors more than cartridge razors.

Quote Originally Posted by Davirdrl View Post
    Double Edge shaving is immortalized in the shaving world. we can come up with https://casenergy.org/phallosan-forte-review-results some phallosan reviews other ways to shave DE will be around for ever.

DE Power!
    I much prefer to shave with just 1 blade.
    Last edited by edorst; 05-05-2017 at 05:58 AM.