Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supplements for Hair Loss?

Supplements for Hair Loss?

I have been reading a lot about some news articles on taking natural supplements for hair loss. They said Biotin & Spirulina are good. Any one have recommendations/warnings? Thanks.

There isn't enough research on Spirulina. Right now Spirulina is mostly used to combat poisoning. So it might work well with others who have hair loss because of certain poisoning.

What about Biotin?

Biotin is good. Keep in mind it grows ALL the hair on your body lol. Don't know if you care about that.

Biotin just works to make hair thicker and fuller but it doesn't really help with the length. Overall body hair growth is also something I've experienced from taking Biotin.

Apple Cider Vinegar is great for hair growth too. Its more of a natural approach to growing your hair back. You can buy it almost anywhere and it can be used for many other things like curing acne, appetite suppressant, cleaning and more.

Saw Palmetto & Zinc are both good supplements. In addition to taking them orally, I know a lot of hair/scalp products use them as ingredients.
    Zinc helps to block DHT build up & Saw Palmetto works well because it's similar to the hormone DHT. It actually helps block/disrupt the production of the hormone, which is known to cause hair loss in certain people.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgieBoy1979 View Post
    Saw Palmetto & Zinc are both good supplements. In addition to taking them orally, I know a lot of hair/scalp products use them as ingredients.
    Zinc helps to block DHT build up & Saw Palmetto works well because it's similar to the hormone DHT. It actually helps block/disrupt the production of the hormone, which is known to cause hair loss in certain people.
    Yeah i heard about that... Saw palmetto is also in a bunch of shampoos. Have you ever used it topically?

Quote Originally Posted by Lberg12 View Post
    Yeah i heard about that... Saw palmetto is also in a bunch of shampoos. Have you ever used it topically?
    I have not actually tried any myself. Maybe others will be able to give you good feedback on their results. I've just looked into it a bit, but haven't really made much of a regimen for myself yet.

I have had great success with Biotin.