Thread: pomades

New Member 0-30 Posts

pomades

Use them? Let us talk about it

I'm a big fan of water-based myself. Wearing motorcycle helmets everyday doesn't really allow me to get nice build ups from a grease and would ruin my helmet's padding.
    What I usually do is when I get to the place I'm going I'll run to the bathroom and slap on a light/medium like a BoC hard cream and wear that all night. I can put my helmet on just fine to ride home and wash it out when I get home.

I'm in a pickle with my hair length & preference on pomades. I had been using some cream pomades & I really enjoyed the way they were working. I prefer a matte finish verses a shine. However, now that my hair is growing out a little bit, I thought I'd switch over to a clay pomade to give my hair more hold. However, I feel like it dries out my scalp. I have also tried BoC hard cream pomade, since it's a good combination of the two, but I want to find some other alternatives. Any recommendations?

Hey Guys! I am all about the Baxter water based pomade. It's awesome
    And controls my wavy, wiry hair.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgieBoy1979 View Post
    I'm in a pickle with my hair length & preference on pomades. I had been using some cream pomades & I really enjoyed the way they were working. I prefer a matte finish verses a shine. However, now that my hair is growing out a little bit, I thought I'd switch over to a clay pomade to give my hair more hold. However, I feel like it dries out my scalp. I have also tried BoC hard cream pomade, since it's a good combination of the two, but I want to find some other alternatives. Any recommendations?
    Georgie, if your scalp is drying out you're using the pomades incorrectly. When you apply pomade you're not supposed to apply it all the way down to the scalp. You need to get the product evenly distributed throughout the hair and down towards the root but not actually all the way down to the roots. This is especially important for longer hair and if you're trying to get a high pomp for example, but you don't go all the way down to the scalp with the product.

I've never tried it before but now I'm really curious. I just signed up for the box so I'm hoping theres a little pomade in there I can experiment with.

New Member 0-30 Posts
    Also, unless it's Petro based, it could contain alcohol. Time to really start greasing and let the oils soothe your scalp.

That's the thing. I really want a matte finish verses a slick look. I'm sure oils would feel great, but I don't want my hair to look greasy.

I have been trying a lot of different pomades lately and have to say uppercut, Suavecito and Billy jealousy are winning my votes.

Uppercut Deluxe, great hold, great all over.

the Gel from billy jealousy was one of those i head to get used to but i loved the it, it was a great hold for my curly locks with great shine. for those who like shine.

Suavecito seamed like the most for my buck over all.

Quote Originally Posted by slickshave View Post
    Use them? Let us talk about it
    but first I clear something more about it....